Jobs & Internships
POSITION: Part-time Bookkeeper
Coral Springs Museum of Art seeks permanent part-time accountant/bookkeeper. 15 hrs./week.
MUST have at least 3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience.
MUST have QuickBooks experience.
DonorSnap or related donor software experience a plus.
Proficiency with Excel is required.
MUST be detail oriented, organized and efficient.
Knowledge of all aspects of accounting required including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger. Other general administrative duties as assigned.
Ideal for someone wanting a part-time flexible schedule in a creative environment. Please send a cover letter outlining your experience, your résumé and three references to email@example.com, no phone calls please. Please also include your desired hourly rate in your cover letter. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Position open until filled. Coral Springs Museum of Art is an EOE Employer.
POSITION: Museum Intern
HOURS: 8-10 hours/week
PAY: Unpaid/For College Credit
Internship Job Description: Qualified individuals will assist the Museum with any of the following:
- assisting with the implementation of the Education Programs and related activities. Responsibilities include inventory of art supplies, assisting with the operations of the program, photo documenting, light research, filing and other related tasks.
- creating Family FunDay activities and treasure hunts for special and permanent exhibitions.
- research for upcoming exhibitions and individual artists.
- developing museum lessons based on permanent collections.
- maintaining art contact lists for program participants.
- writing scripts docents.
- organizing and updating docent files, tracking hours of service, etc.
- meeting prep for education department meetings.
Marketing & Social Media
- assisting with writing and placement of PR and marketing materials (in conjunction with PR Firm and staff).
- assist with the creation of collateral materials
- posting to and updating Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other social media outlets as needed for programs and events.
- research and contact artists for bio and image content to maintain exhibition files.
- assist with Friends of the Museum and event planning and implementation.
- assist with exhibition openings and receptions.
General Museum Management
- assist with the general office duties as assigned including, filing, research, guest services and membership.
- assist the director with research on artists and exhibitions.
- maintaining database lists, exhibition files and general files.
- assist with the preparation of board meeting and related committee meetings.
- assist with artist contract preparation and maintenance of permanent collection files.
Applicants should be students (junior, senior or graduate level) majoring in an education, art, marketing or museum-related discipline. Applicants should be organized, detail-oriented and computer literate (including social media). Applicants should also have a general knowledge of art terminology, theories and practices. Applicants must possess excellent writing skills and LOVE working with people. The internship places you in a creative, professional and dynamic learning environment.
Interested applicants may email a letter of interest, résumé and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.