You inspire us. What inspires you?
The Coral Springs Museum of Art presents an exhibition demonstrating the artist’s individuality and creativity brought about by personal inspiration. This open theme, open media exhibition asks artists to complete the sentence: “My work is inspired by_______________.”
Artists are invited to submit up to two works to be considered for inclusion in this exhibition.
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
Works will be displayed in the Museum’s East Gallery. This is a juried exhibition. Works will be judged and recognized by Museum Choice and People’s Choice.
Exhibition Dates: February 6 – March 7, 2020
Reception: Thursday, February 6, 2020 6pm
- Recipient will receive a solo show opportunity in the Kuhn Gallery of the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
- Image will be featured on the banner of the Museum’s Facebook page for duration of exhibition and announced on the Website, Instagram and the Museum’s E-Newsletter.
- Recipient will receive one year Museum Membership at the Family Level.
- Announcement on Facebook and E-Newsletter, Instagram.
- Recipient will receive a one year Museum Membership at the Family Level.
A non-refundable jury fee of $40 will be charged for up to two pieces. All entries must be accompanied by entry fee.
- Jury consideration
- Display within Coral Springs Museum of Art
- Complimentary artist reception
- Potential for award recognition
HOW TO ENTER
1) Electronic Entry – ENTER HERE
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a jpeg of each work to be considered. Jpeg image dimensions should be approximately 4-6 inches and no more than 1200×1200 pixels. The file size must be no larger than 2MB. Submit only PC compatible files, jpeg or pdf. Label each image with artist name, title, medium and outside dimensions (including frame).
Deadline for electronic consideration –
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 5pm
Notification – Saturday, January 25, 2020
Delivery of selected works – Saturday, February 1, 2020 12pm
2) Drop Off Entry at Museum
This is a “Same Day” Selection Process. Artists are required to return to the Museum at 3pm to confirm acceptance and pick up unselected works. Phone calls will not be accepted. Call to Artists 2020 Inspired -Click link for entry form.
Drop Off for consideration –
Saturday, February 1, 2020 10am -12n – NO late entries will be accepted
Pick up of Unselected Work –
Saturday, February 1, 2020 3pm SHARP
$40 for up to two works may be made by credit card, cash or check made payable to the Coral Springs Museum of Art. Checks for digital entry will not be accepted. Entry fee must accompany all entries to be considered for this exhibition.
Original 2 & 3 dimensional artworks
Open theme, Open Media
2 Dimensional works – Original Works Only (No Giclees)
Size: May not exceed 60” in any direction (including frame)
Weight: May not exceed 30 lbs.
3 Dimensional works – Original Works Only
Size: May not exceed 60” in any direction
Weight: May not exceed 50 lbs.
2D Sizes, Presentation and Framing
- No diptych or triptych, or other multiple works.
- Original works only – no giclees.
- Work may not exceed 30 lbs.
- Work must be framed unless produced on 1½”gallery wrapped canvas.
- Frames must be free of damage or wear.
- All sides of gallery wrapped canvas must be finished.
- All work must be properly wired for hanging and should include screw eyes. Sawtooth hangers will not be accepted.
- Frames must be free of any plaques or signage.
- Artist name, title, medium and artist contact information including physical address, telephone and email address must be clearly labeled on the back of the work.
Works depicting violent, sexual, religious, or political content may not be considered.
Pick up (Load Out)
If displayed, artist must pick-up/remove artwork from the premises after 12 noon on Saturday, March 7, 2020. The Coral Springs Museum of Art will assess a storage fee of $10 per day for works left beyond that date. The charge is to be paid by the artist prior to return of the work.
Pricing the work
Selling price should include a 30% sales commission markup. Be sure entry form and label reflects the artist price plus 30% museum sales commission.
A sales commission of 30% is retained by the Museum for works sold during the exhibition. Works should be priced accordingly by the artist.
Artist may not substitute another work for an accepted artwork, withdraw the work once accepted or remove the work during exhibition. No changes in title, value or selling price will be accepted after the selection process. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. If the artist fails to provide property insurance, the artist assumes all liability.
The artist grants the Coral Springs Museum of Art and its legal representatives, agents, and assigns the full rights to incorporate images of said artwork on the website and social media. The artist also consents to the use of images of said artwork in any printed matter, advertising and marketing materials use to promote the exhibition.
Utmost care will be taken in handling artworks however the Coral Springs Museum of Art, any of its members, employees or board of directors will not be liable for loss or damage to any work submitted to this exhibition. The artist knowingly, freely and voluntarily waives any right or cause of action of any kind whatsoever arising as a result of loss, theft or destruction of or damage to the personal property placed upon the premises by the artist including but not limited to works of art or other materials from which liability may or could accrue the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
AT A GLANCE
1/08/20 5pm Digital Entry & Payment Deadline
1/25/20 Digital Entry Notification
2/01/20 12pm Digital Entry Delivery Works
2/01/20 10am-12pm In Person Entry @ Museum
2/01/20 3pm SHARP Unselected Work Pick Up
2/06/20 6pm Reception
3/07/20 12 noon Load Out -Pick up
February 6 – March 7, 2020 Exhibition Runs