ABOUT THE GUILD
As a group of dedicated artists and volunteers, we come together to Create, Inspire, & Learn from each other. Representing a broad spectrum of techniques, mediums, and talents, the Coral Springs Artist Guild’s presents at the Coral Springs Museum of Art. Our shows and receptions are a wonderful place to meet artists, be inspired by the expanse of talent, and learn the importance of incorporating art in your everyday lifestyle.
CLICK BUTTONS FOR INFO
The Coral Springs Artist Guild Inc. started in 1973 as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization whose sole purpose is to foster, encourage, and facilitate interest in the fine arts. The Guild is viewed as a premier organization dedicated to creativity and community involvement. Through affiliation with other organizations like the Coral Springs Museum, The Broward Cultural Division, and The Coral Springs Festival of Arts along with contributions and sponsorships, we have supported the cultural arena in our community by contributing to and enhancing the lifestyle and opportunity for all our local artists and arts enthusiasts.
In 2021, the Coral Springs Artist Guild and the Coral Springs Museum of Art made the decision that the Coral Springs Artist Guild would release their independent non-profit status and become a program of the Coral Springs Museum of Art. This is an exciting collaboration that is beneficial for both parties one that we believe will allow us to grow, provide more benefits and give us the tools to support the arts and artists in ways we couldn’t before separately.
Starting in October year active/valid Guild members will meet monthly in the Coral Springs Museum of Art. They will continue to focus on many of the programs and exhibits as in the past but will now offer more programming, talks, demos and more to the members and the community. We are excited to have the Guild as part of our Museum Family! To learn more about membership read above.
COMMITMENT + MISSION
Coral Springs Artist Guild is committed to collaborating with other arts organizations and artists in order to support and enhance the arts community. We are driven to provide our members with the best opportunities and benefits.
Mission of The Artists Guild is to:
• Support the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
• Provide an association of artists in all media to interchange ideas, support and educate members and provide quality venues for the exhibition of their original fine art.
• Treat members and customers with respect and dignity.
• To contribute to the cultural climate of South Florida independently and collaboratively.
• Grow our organization.
• Provide scholarships and awards to local area high schools annually.
As a member of the Coral Springs Artist Guild you will have the opportunity to network, collaborate, learn, showcase your skills and inspire those inside and outside the guild. Being part of the guild will provide you opportunities to exhibit, volunteer and more! As a member of the guild you will become an a member of the Coral Springs Museum of Art. As a member of the museum you will gain many benefits such as reciprocal entry into museums all over the country, discounts on classes and more.
- Memberships are annual and are not prorated. Memberships will begin at the City of Coral Springs fiscal year October 1 – September 30th. If someone joins later in the year they will pay full price
- To participate in Artist Guild events/meetings, you must have a valid membership.
- Valid Members will have the opportunity to present talks, demos, and workshops to the group or be a participant
- Valid members will have the opportunity to submit workshop proposals to the museum to offer to the public. Funds raised for those workshops will support the Art guild programs.
- To participate in Art Guild exhibitions, you must have a valid membership.
- Art Guild members with a valid membership will be eligible to submit to an annual Art Guild Exhibition at the Coral Springs Museum in our Lobby Gallery for a nominal fee. Fee’s are used to pay for winner’s prizes.
- Art Guild members with a valid membership will also be eligible to submit to other exhibitions/sales/shows open to members only; additional fees by member may apply in accordance to the exhibition event/venue.
- As a member of the Artist Guild you also receive Coral Springs Museum of Art member benefits.
Memberships are for Individuals only – Ages 18 and Up.
- $85 per person per year. Memberships are valid October 1st through September 30th annually. (No prorated rates.)
- Participation in all Guild activities, meetings, workshops, demos and exhibitions (exhibit submission requirements are varied)
- Additional Museum Benefits:
- Unlimited year-round admission to the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- Advance notice of exhibitions, special events, and offers
- Subscription to the Museum’s newsletter
- One (1) complimentary exhibition catalog (as produced)
- Reciprocal membership and complimentary admission to nearly 1,000 museums nationwide (applies to 1 adult)
- “Member Only” rate for Museum classes, workshops, and shop discounts (unless sited)
- Special Invites to Gallery Shop Previews and preview night discounts
- Member Only invites to special events and more!
Active Museum Members
Active museum members can add on a guild membership for $10.00 per person. This is for adults only. Please call or stop by the museum to upgrade.
- The Guild will meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6:30-8:30pm in a space provided by the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
- Valid members will sign in at the front desk before proceeding to the space. Each member will leave their membership card at the front desk before each meeting.
- The 6:30-8:30pm includes any set up and clean up.
- The space provided must be cleaned and reset prior to exiting the building at 8:30pm.
- Before exiting each member must take all their belongings and check out/pick up membership card at the front desk.
- There is no storage available for the guild or it’s members. If there is a special circumstance we will review it on a case by case basis.